Foodiva's Kitchen: Eating Goooood!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Eating Goooood!

“Tell me what you eat, and I'll tell you who you are.”
Anthelme Brillat-Savarin (1755-1826), French lawyer & gastronome
How much are we influenced by what we eat? While the health of our body depends in large measure on what we eat, can we honestly say the same regarding our souls? If there's even an ounce of truth in this adage, then I'm a tinge nervous about what I'm going to show you. Stuff I ate today, for breakfast and lunch. A bit of carbo-loading once in a while isn't exactly a sin. But does all this carb in one day make me an unhealthy, inexcusable sloth? Maybe, but my exit clause is it's only for one day - this week.

Breakfast: Mini-Pancakes with Fresh Fruit
What better to start off a day than with fluffy, homemade mini-pancakes?
I had mine topped with golden syrup and cubed rock melon.

These melon bits just rocked! I mean, come on, just look at how fresh they are...

Lunch: Bolognese with Chilli Spaghetti 
Have you ever felt soothed simply by watching the gushing bubbles and steam coming out of something being cooked? Well, I HAVE, all the time. The sights and sounds of pasta and sauce bubbling on the stove oftentimes make me go into a trance, imagining myself in meditation by the side of a hot, steamy geyser (is that even possible without being scalded and landing oneself in Emergency?).

I felt soothed today preparing our simple lunch of spaghetti bolognese.
Boiling pasta
Spicing it up with Chilli-flavoured spaghetti! It's hot red too, my favourite colour.

Bolognese sauce bubbling happily. Don't even get me started on the smell of cooking, awwright?

I decided to mix the Chilli spaghetti with Calamari pasta in celebration of Paul the Octopus, Nostradamus Wonderamous of the World Cup 2010. Well done on the spot-on predictions, Paul!

(My theory is that the octopus' handlers just put yummier food in the box representing the football team they'd placed their higher bets on. And that Paul was a connoisseur of good food, it just takes one to know one. *winks*)

I settled down to a very happy Carbolicious lunch, indeed.

So now, tell me, who do you think I am?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails