Foodiva's Kitchen: Apple of my eye

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Apple of my eye

Someone was saying this morning that we had an apple overload in the house and would I please do something about it? Funny thing is, she's the main grocery shopper around here, so I'm really not sure how we ended up with as many apples as the number of residents in my neighborhood!

Anyway, to cut a short story even shorter, I decided it's been a while since we had our yummilish German apple cake. It's so easy to make and I wonder why I don't make this more often....


I used a mix of Granny Smiths and Golden Delicious

I LOVE my apple corer!! It just makes my Diva life so much more easier.




The aftermath of the Apple Massacre!



This is how it ended up in the pan. Granny Smiths sandwiched between the Golden Deliciouses. (hmm... that sounds so wrong! hahaha..)


A pinch of cinnamon and it's ready to pop into the oven.

The cooked cake. Yumms....can you smell the cinnamon?

I suppose a tiny slice with a blob of vanilla icecream and raspberry never hurt anyone...hehe.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails