Foodiva's Kitchen: Cuppa Tea?

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cuppa Tea?


My good friend, WL and her daughter Amy J came over for tea today. Diva D had kindly offered to teach Amy J how to bake some easy cookies in our fashionably Haute kitchen, and while they did that, WL and I were going to catch up on news because we don't get to see each other that often (she and familia live in HK in pursuit of a better[-paid] life).

Before they arrived, I carefully unpacked the beautiful china tea-set that my father had given me as a gift for my birthday a few years ago but had never been used. After all, it was not every day that I have my friends over to tea. Despite my being a very social animal outside my home, when it comes to my personal abode, my heaven, I'm fiercely private. I guess only my trusted inner circle of friends ever get invited over here, and that's probably once in a blue moon too. 

Well, out came the lovely, all-white tea set. I carefully washed and dried them myself because I didn't want them chipped or become imperfect in any way. I don't know many women (no one, in fact) who have received dainty tea-sets as a gift from their fathers, and I knew for a fact that my father had gone and shopped for these personally (my friend told me, it was her store that he bought them from). So of course, they had great sentimental value.

Anyway, while WL and I gossiped away and surfed the internet for business ideas, Diva D and Amy J got busy in the kitchen.

The cookie recipe was pinned under the bowl of flour (above)


That's Amy J in the striped tee.

Cookies baking in the oven

My lovely white china, I really should use it everyday!


When the bakers got bored, they made these extra large starry-eyed teddy bears with fangs. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails